Quick Home Energy Check-up (QHEC) – Single Family, Townhouses, Condominiums, and apartments – In an effort to provide basic energy upgrades and education to large numbers of Maryland rate payers, the Maryland Public
Commission ordered utilities to provide the Quick Home Energy Check-up at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE to your standard service. During a QHEC, your Eko Smart Solutions energy auditor will install the following:
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL’s): CFLs use 75% less energy than regular light bulbs and last ten times longer.
- Smart Power Strips: Stop standby power loss
- Aerators for Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks: Reduce water use by 50%.
- Efficient-flow Showerheads: Reduce the amount of water used in showers by 25% or more.
- *Water Heater Pipe Insulation: Reduces heat loss while transporting water.
- *Electric Water tank Wrap: Keeps water warmer in your tank.
- For customers with electric water heaters only.
Most apartments/condo residents will save over $100 per year in electricity and another $59 per year in water and sewer costs. Call Eko Smart Solutions to schedule your Quick Home Energy Check-up.
Pepco, Potomac Edison & BG&E Service Area
Pepco’s Energy Savings Programs provides all types of rebate programs for Pepco customers. Here is a list that might benefit you:
- Home Performance – Energy Audits starting at $100 and cash rebates of 50% up to $2,000 per household for air sealing and insulation.
- Appliance Rebate Program – Refrigerators, Freezers, Clothes Washer, and Room AC Units.
- Heating and Cooling Rebates for HVAC Equipment, Quality Insulations, Diagnostic Tune-ups, and duct Sealing.
- Energy Wise Rewards – get a free programmable thermostat installed in your home.
- Recycling – refrigerators and freezer recycling.
Incentives are continuing in 2016, this includes Home Energy Audits starting at $100 (normally $400, Maryland utilities are providing a $300 subsidy) and 50% cash rebates up to $2,000 per household for air sealing and insulation improvements. Additionally, FEDERAL TAX CREDITS that expired in 2011 were reestablished for 2012 and 2013 as part of the fiscal cliff legislation.
Eko Smart Solutions will research and file your rebates for you at no additional charge.
Call Eko Smart Solutions today at 1.888.389.3551 to schedule your Home Energy Audit.